An IJA/MDF squadron, Wardog was formed from the remains of Carronade and Drake Flights of the 1st Tactical Armor Regiment after an encounter with BETA on the borders of Seattle on the 6th of October, 2005, left both units with heavy casualties. Wardog acted directly under the control of the Seattle Japanese Imperial Forces commander, Major Jinguuji Marimo until her dismissal, with Wardog becoming a combat flight of the 1st Tactical Armor Regiment's 1st Battalion after the events of Episode 01.
As an independent squadron under Major Jinguuji, Wardog was given various high priority assignments such as resource procurement and riot control, and were exempt from more mundane assignments such as routine patrol. These privileges were revoked when Wardog Squadron was absorbed into the 1st Tactical Armor Regiment.
Based in Tacoma Base, Seattle, the squadron operates only Type-94 Shiranui in the colors of the IJMDF of Japan.
- October 18th, 2005: Successfully quells refugee riot. Working in tandem with the IJMDF, US Army/Navy/Marine Corps and the Imperial Navy, Wardog Squadron manages to repel a surprise BETA assault against Seattle.
- December 23rd, 2005: Battles insurgents at the Seattle Food Plant Hijack as part of the IJMDF's 1st Tactical Armor Wing.
- December 24th, 2005: Clashes against French/Canadian forces in a battle at the United States' northern border.
- Lieutenant Tatsunami Hibiki (Wardog-1)
- Second Lieutenant Sendou Yuzuka (Wardog-2)
- Second Lieutenant Ellen Aice (Wardog-3)
- Second Lieutenant Miono Shizuku (Wardog-4)